Alliance Solutions Group is currently seeking an American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH) Certified Industrial Hygienist to conduct and execute on site Industrial Hygiene (IH) baseline surveys (baseline workplace assessments), ventilation evaluations, noise dosimetry and/or noise surveys. Data such as workplace environmental monitoring, engineering and administrative controls, PPE, observation of work practices, and employee health hazard education and training will be collected, evaluated, entered and stored in the Defense Occupational and Environmental Health Readiness System – Industrial Hygiene (DOEHRS-IH).
Successful applicants will use specified guidelines to conduct on-site Industrial Hygiene surveys to include:
- New basic characterizations of work places
- Re-evaluation of existing basic characterization (re-baselines)
- Ventilation system evaluations
- And/or noise assessments
- Identification and mitigation of hazards to reduce the risk of injury, illness, or death
- Diagram location of the ventilation system, components and ventilation calculations
- Utilize a sound level meter (SLM) to measure sound pressure level in A-weighted decibels (dBA) and C-weighted decibels (dBC)
- Conduct noise dosimetry
- Suggest detailed guidance for selecting and maintaining OEH health hazard control options, including engineering controls, administrative controls, collective protective techniques, or individual/personal protective equipment
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Provide management support for trip planning, logistics, on-site activities to include kick-off and exit briefs with client and site technical representatives
- Provide subject matter expertise performing evaluations of work environments & industrial processes involving potentially hazardous environmental conditions
- Provide expert level recommendations for issue resolution and corrective measures ensuring desired outcomes are achieved
- Use industrial hygiene equipment and sampling techniques for standard chemical and physical hazards
- Evaluates processes, related hazards and hazard controls, as well as personnel performing the process
- Document workplace stressors with sufficient duration and frequency to cause injury, illness, or death to personnel
- Document methods used and actions taken to mitigate hazards
- Measure face velocities, capture velocities, room pressurization and air changes per hour (ACH)
- Provide oversight and consultation to the customer
- Support customer projects by assisting with investigations, analysis, plans, designs, implementation, and identification.
- Provide expert level support for issue resolutions and customer support
- Provide management support for activities of and interact with multiple technical teams simultaneously to ensure projects were successfully completed on schedule and within budget
- Assist the government lead with programmatic oversight for multiple programs.
- Support plan implementations by preparing and reviewing program documents such as detailed OEH Programs
- Maintain currency in relevant job knowledge to ensure responsibilities are successfully executed
- Navigate decision-making based on the core values of the company maintaining professionalism at all times
- Plan and complete work in a manner that reflects commitment to and supports achievement of quality, environmental, and occupational health and safety goals.